What is meant by a certified copy of a document?
Certification of copies of original documents must be carried out by one of the following:
- Garda Síochána
- Chartered & Certified Public Accountant
- Notaries Public/Practising Solicitor
- Embassy/Consular Staff
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Bank or Building Society Official
The person providing the certification should complete the following on the copy:
- Confirm that it is a true copy of the original document.
- Clearly state, in capital letters, his/her name, position, address and telephone number of the company/firm/practice or employer for whom they work.
- Sign, date and preferably stamp the document with their official stamp.